How Corporate Film Makers Improve Their Works?
- by Pragyansini Kar Feb 22, 2019
Corporate movies are made to build the connecting bridge between the brands and its consumers. Corporate Film making is a very intricate procedure that involves extensive knowledge about the different aspects of making a movie, objective of the company and all that stuff. The practical side involves scripting to direction, camera to costumes. Corporate movies are unlike the fictional videos that we see but the way they are produced is a creative art keeping in mind how beautifully a film can be presented to the expecting viewers satisfying their expectations as well as fulfilling your need through the video. It also mandates constant changes to express what you want to relate to the viewer and how to have effective conversions. If we go through the industry statistics then more than 50% of the customers prefer watching video content from any brand or company that they follow. And when the question is about following the new trends, corporate movies are best to attract and engage more eyes on your brand or product.
There are various learning mechanisms to corporate filmmaking and this is how they improve their work: -
- Know what exactly you are good at: Film making is indeed very vast. To start with, you need to check on where exactly you can start with like and which line matches your quality. You could be good at editing, scripting, camera or direction. Your specific experience in one category might help it improve even better at the latter stages of production.
- Identify company's objectives: Corporate film making is important to serve company interest. All the vital information like company objectives, goals, ideas and achievements need to be clearly shown to the client in a very transparent manner. These objectives help client know the area of focus of the company and its standing.
- Don’t ignore criticism: Nobody is a born master because learning starts with reproach. If you get criticism for your movie, take it as a reward for improvement because you can avoid to repeat that mistake in your next venture. While you keep on avoiding errors, you will polish your approach to a better movie making.
- Take challenging scripts: Accept some hard scripts because regular film making will not expose you to newer ideas and counteraction. Once the corporate film makers learns to handle difficult scripts, he definitely gets an edge over other movie makers because challenges need to be conquered, not rejected. Corporate movies are of various types : promotional, branded or marketing based videos, B2B marketing content, conference movies, training videos, explainer videos, customer testimonials to name a few. As there are a variety of corporate films, one needs to explore more in the corporate movies and deliver a promising content.
- Reinvent film making: Try something unique in your scripts. Don’t go by the same path where others go because uniqueness is always appreciated. A good corporate filmmaker will think of an unusual idea that even the viewer can't conceive. Such surprises in a corporate film will make it exciting to watch and hold on to viewer's attention.
- Work with a good documentary film maker: Art movies provide so much of a learning experience. While good equipments, lighting, background and camera are essential, how to convert your image to an emotional connect can be learned from an artistic film maker. Working under such person even as a help will enhance your skills in the future.
- Post your content on Vimeo or Youtube: YouTube is an excellent platform to place your videos but you can also go to the premium Vimeo site and post your videos that many people will watch, so you will tap in local viewership and also get to know your work quality from them.
- Take note of your work: Make a list of the important work you have on hand. There are certain tasks that need quick attention and if you lose them, you might end up wasting the precious time of your staff and others. Due to the nature of multitasking expected, prioritizing your work on note will make things a little easier to accomplish and complete.
There are lots of other titbits we need to learn and imply daily to the film making process. Getting reviews and inculcating changes in the next project means that we are on the path of becoming a great corporate film makers in the future.