Tips that can Help you Create Brilliant Product Videos
- by Pragyansini Kar Dec 30, 2020
Making a product video is not only fun, but it also can be a little tricky, you have to go through several aspects to make sure that your product is shown in the best possible light. While the main aim of any product video is to increase the sales conversion it is also used for growing brand identity. From small to big, any company selling products is aware of the benefits that a product video can bring to them, but at the same time, it is important to understand a good product video not only informs users about the product’s benefits and uses, but it also tries invoke need of the product in the audience.
The Visual House is a product video production company in Delhi and it has more than a decade of experience of doing product video production in Delhi and other parts of the country. So, we would like to share a few key points which can help you create professional product videos. While these are not hard and fast rules, following these can prove to be useful when making any kind of product videos.
- Plan: The first and the most important thing is to plan, discuss and freeze a script. You must take time in understanding the product and company behind it and then after thorough research, prepare the message and finalise the script. Even after doing this, we have a bit more of a planning to do, you need to figure out the look and the team that can give you the required results. Plan the schedule and sequence of the video according to the script and roughly decide the kind of frames you are expecting.
- Consistency: The most important thing that people expect from any brand is consistency and likewise, in your product video, your look must be consistent in all frames. Also, keep an eye on every shot for more consistent branding in your video.
- Equipment: If you want the best possible result, then you have to use the best possible equipment available within your budget. Use cameras, lenses and lights that can bring out the finest look of your product. You can also use a tripod, dolly, slider etc. to enhance every shot so that they look more appealing.
- Set: For shooting any product video, you’ll also require a set that can complement the product. So, depending on the product, you can either plan an outdoor or an indoor shoot and then prepare the set accordingly.
- Editing: From arranging sequence to adding graphics and music, everything at the end gets finalised on the editing table. Whether you want to add or remove any shot, play around with different music and graphics, you should check all the options and choose what you feel is the best for your product.
- Experiment: From shooting to editing, you can experiment with each aspect before finalising anything. If you are new, then we advise you to practice first and sharpen your skills before diving into the sea of product video production.